Monday, February 14, 2011

Week 5 - Day 21: Monday, February 14

Scripture Passage: James 2:14-17 NKJV

"What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, and one of you says to them, "Depart in peace, be warmed and filled," but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead." - Jam 2:14-17 NKJV

My Observation:
Faith without movement in "that" direction produces no outcome of desire.

My Application:
This reminds me of the cliche' "don't talk about it, be about it." Literally, if I want to help those God has put in my path, or if I've been given the gift of invention; I've got to make the necessary steps in the direction of those talents, gifts, and desires.

My Prayer:
Lord, keep me before courage. Help me change my thoughts and actions in stagnation. Its gone past procrastination to 'what if I fail because I just don't know?" Everything can be done in You. Allow me to see a glimpse of my future to give me hope.

**************************************

REMINDER!!! Don't forget to head over to the Good Morning Girls blog for the opening message for Week 5.


No comments:

Post a Comment